The Holidays are a tough time to maintain and/or lose weight, so we decided to share some helpful hints to help keep you focused on your goals.
1. Eat your protein first and your carbohydrate second. This way you will fill up quicker and not have as much room for the extra calories.
2. Eat slowly and savor the flavor. You can consume over 60 calories more when you gulp down your meal.
3. Consume more fruits and vegetables throughout the day. This will fulfill satiety levels with healthy calories versus unhealthy choices.
4. Eat several small meals throughout the day. By starving yourself all day and consuming a huge meal, it causes you to be in a catabolic state for a good portion of the day.
5. Lastly, allow yourself to indulge in some of the holiday treats, but try to consume them earlier in the day rather than in the evening. This will allow your body to burn off some of those calories before bedtime.
For more helpful hints on nutrition or training, please contact us at www.xspeedtraining.com.