As the Corona Virus has flipped the American society on it’s head, every person and business owner is trying to adjust to the new norm. Every business has been upended as far as how their business normally ran. There are new guidelines and parameters put in place to try to stop the spread of this virus. Does this mean everyone is shut down and nothing is getting done? Absolutely not. Small business owners are finding new ways to operate under the new version of normal.
A fair amount of people are able to work from home using their cell phones and laptops to conduct business as usual. Any business who dealt with the public has moved to an online platform with options for pickup or delivery of goods using the new sanitation methods outlined by the government. Salons are delivering or scheduling pickups of products to try to sustain some form of income. Health and wellness professionals are putting up videos and/or performing their services using Skype or Zoom.
The average American family is now dealing with working from home, home schooling their children, and limited contact with going places or seeing individuals. How does everyone deal with the new version of normal? Well here are some ideas.
1. Keep a schedule. You should try to go to bed and wake up the same time you normally would prior to this whole situation. If you keep a regular schedule it will help slow down the boredom and give you some feeling of being productive.
2. Make time for some form of exercise every day. This is important during these very stressful times. It will help with your sanity and help keep you from devouring everything you can get your hands on daily. It will also help with tensions in the household as things can get tempermental with so much family bonding.
3. Try to maintain your normal schedule of eating. If you eat 5 to 6 times a day or if you eat 3 meals a day, stick to that schedule. This will help keep moods calm and upbeat during this quarantine. You may want to try to budget down your store list to conserve some money if you are temporarily unemployed. Try to buy items that can serve several meals and limit the amount of food waste you create.
4. Pick up a hobby or take some time to read daily. Most of us have more free time than we are typically used to, so now is a great time to try things you have always wanted to do. It can also be a good time for self improvement by reading or learning about things that might interest you or may be beneficial once we all return to a normal schedule.
5. Spend more time with your family and children. We live in a very hectic society and now is the time to rely less on electronics and more on social interaction. Many families are now playing board games and cards to pass the time. As an adult, it is the perfect time to teach your children how to do things around the house, cook, and some valuable life lessons. This quarantine has been hard for everyone, but take these ideas and implement them into your life. You will be thankful you did and we can all learn to slow down a little from this.